Emergency First Aid At Work
The Emergency First Aid at Work Course helps to meet regulatory requirements if your organisation’s risk assessment has indicated that first aid training for emergency protocols only is sufficient for your workplace. If you require staff members to be trained to recognise a wider range of injuries and medical conditions, then the First Aid at Work Course may be more suitable.
ABOUT THE EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
The First Aid at Work Course provides the training required to qualify an emergency first aider in the workplace, equipping them with the knowledge to handle a wide range of emergency situations – from small injuries to life-threatening situations.
The main aim of the course is to provide learners with sufficient knowledge and confidence in dealing with accidents until qualified first aiders or the emergency services are able to take control of the situation.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
Some examples of topics included are:
- Assessment and treatment of wounded or bleeding casualties
- Assessment and treatment of burns
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Record keeping & accident reporting
- Choking and asphyxia
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- What to do in an emergency
- Aims and principles of first aid
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent training environments and comprehensive courses.
WHO IS THE EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE FOR?
The emergency first aid at work course is designed for a member of an organisation who finds themselves in charge or appointed to take charge of first aid equipment during a first aid emergency in the event that a qualified first aider is absent. This is the minimum first aid training recommended for persons in low risk work environments.
This course can be tailored to specific industries, ensuring that staff are able to effectively deal with unique risks and emergency situations that are likely to present themselves within their organisations or place of work.
OUTCOMES OF THE EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
- Know how to recognise and manage shock
- Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Be able to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Identify types of internal bleeding and how to control it
- Safely use first aid equipment
- Know your role as an emergency first aider
- Understand the need for establishing consent for providing first aid
- Know how to minimise risks to yourself and to others
- Be able to complete an accident report form
- Assess a casualty’s level of unconsciousness
- Know how to place a casualty in the recovery position
- Be able to identify and treat a casualty who is choking
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
The Emergency First Aid at Work Course is available throughout the UK at any one of our 70+ training centres. We are able to come to your chosen venue to deliver the course if training is required by three or more persons