Level 2 Health And Safety Training Course
By law, employees are required to demonstrate a basic knowledge of health and safety in all industries to ensure that workplaces risks are recognised and managed. The easiest way to do this is by completing a Health and Safety Course with Arka Training.
WHY SHOULD I BE PROVIDING HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING?
Providing effective health and safety training benefits you by:
- Ensuring you meet your legal duty to protect the health and safety of employees
- Ensuring that your staff are aware of best practices for safe working environments and how to implement them
- Helping you to avoid the financial costs involved in accidents and ill health, such as lost production, damaged products, and demotivated staff. Some of these costs may also not be covered by insurance.
- Helping to avoid the distress that is caused by ill health and accidents at work.
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
As stated in section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of the employer to ensure the appropriate training for employees is provided in relation to their health and safety at work.
According to the Health and Safety Regulations 1990, staff undergoing work experience are also covered by health and safety law and therefore also require training.
Situations in which health and safety training is considered particularly important as per the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 include:
- When new recruits start work
- When staff are exposed to new or increased risks (taking on extra responsibilities and jobs)
- When existing skills are in need of updating
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent training environments and comprehensive courses.
ABOUT THE LEVEL 2 HEALTH AND SAFETY COURSE
The Level 2 Health and Safety Course works to provide employees with the initial or refresher training needed to ensure a safe working environment within your business or organisation, along with ensuring compliance with UK health and safety legislation.
Elements of the course include legal responsibilities, how to prevent accidents at work, and the key areas of workplace health and safety.
WHO IS THE LEVEL 2 HEALTH & SAFETY COURSE FOR?
No matter the industry, all employees in the workplace are required to attend sufficient health and safety training relevant to their occupation. The Level 2 Course is suitable for all abilities and is designed to be a ‘foundation’ level course to maintain health and safety knowledge.
If employees have never undertaken health and safety training before, then the Level 1 Course is recommended as a starting point.
For managers and supervisors, the Level 3 Health and Safety Course would be more appropriately suited.
OUTCOMES OF THE LEVEL 2 HEALTH & SAFETY COURSE
- Know basic health and safety procedures
- Know the correct workplace safety procedures and how to implement them
- Understand the importance of risk assessments for hazards
- Understand the hazards associated with work activities and processes
- Understand employer and employee responsibilities as per health and safety legislation
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
The level 2 Health & Safety Course can be undertaken at any one of our 70+ training centres in the UK. If 3 or more staff members require training, we are also able to offer training at your chosen venue.