First Aid At Work Course
The First Aid Course is essential for everyone either in the workplace or home. The need for First Aid skills can arise at any moment, and you never know when you might need to act in a potentially life-threatening situation.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF FIRST AID COURSES
- First Aid at Work is designed to equip learners with the knowledge required to apply first aid skills to a variety of specific situations and injuries. The First Aid at Work Course also includes EFAW (or emergency first aid at work).
- EFAW (emergency first aid at work) training, on the other hand, enables first-aiders to provide emergency first aid to persons who become injured or ill at work.
Employers may decide on the type of first aid training required based upon a first-aid needs assessment that takes into account the level of hazards employees are exposed to within the workplace.
ABOUT THE FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
Our First Aid at Work Course meets the standards required to comply with Health and Safety regulations, and provides the knowledge and ability needed to handle first aid emergencies. The course covers an overview of first aid and CPR, ultimately ensuring that learners are able to ensure a safe working environment.
Some examples of topics included are:
- Communication and casualty care
- Dealing with unresponsive casualties
- Defibrillator pad placement
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond
- Managing an emergency
- The role of the first aider
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Severe allergic reactions
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Choking (adult)
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- And more…
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent training environments and comprehensive courses.
WHO IS THE FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE FOR?
The First Aid at Work Course is suitable for businesses and individuals who are looking to refresh their first aid knowledge or learn new skills. Previous qualifications are not required as the course will cover the basics of first aid techniques.
The course is most appropriate for low risk workplaces such as offices, retail, & catering jobs which require a trained staff member in charge of first aid, but do not require a qualified first aider.
As it is also considered best practice to provide first aid information to employees, this course also helps to satisfy this need.
OUTCOMES OF THE FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
- Be able to administer CPR
- Be able to complete a primary assessment on casualties
- Manage and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding, and shock
- Manage and respond to eye and head injuries, dislocations, fractures, burns
- Manage and respond to drowning and poisoning, fainting and hyperventilation, sprains and strains
- Care for those suffering from asthma, allergic reactions, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, nose bleeds, and epilepsy
- Understand the importance placed on record keeping
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
The First Aid at Work Course is delivered throughout our 70+ training centres, based in the UK. 1:1 training can be arranged if 3 or more staff require training.