Conflict Management Course
With the stress of delivering objectives, meeting deadlines, and juggling priorities, conflicting views and ideas understandably surface from time to time in a working environment. Our conflict management course helps organisations to address conflict that occurs in the workplace, improve work relationships, and increase productivity.
ABOUT THE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT COURSE
The Conflict Management Course is suitable for providing both senior members of staff and employees with a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and how to be confident in dealing with situations if they occur.
The course familiarises learners with common causes of conflict and how it can present, what the law says about conflict management, how to carry out a conflict risk assessment, and how to prevent and manage singular cases of confrontation or ongoing confliction – including methods of resolution.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
Some examples of topics included are:
- How and when to tackle issues
- Factors that influence people’s behaviour
- Building confidence and assertiveness
- Identifying behavioural problems and preventing them
- Dealing with aggression
- Adapting communication styles
- Problem solving and negotiation
- The essentials of communication
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent training environments and comprehensive courses.
WHY SHOULD I PROVIDE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT TRAINING?
Conflict can occur in any industry, in any workplace. It happens between individuals, between employees, and between staff and customers. Conflict can damage relationships and morale between staff, whilst conflicts that involve a customer can be seriously damaging to your businesses’ reputation. For these reasons, conflict resolution and management is essential.
WHO IS THE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT COURSE FOR?
Conflict has the ability to become an issue in any job that involves working with other people or members of the public. Anyone in a business that involves this kind of contact would benefit from taking this course and from learning how to prevent and effectively deal with conflict.
This course is also ideal for anyone who would like to develop their skills in people management, and for managers and supervisors who wish to develop techniques in handling challenging behaviour and attitudes.
OUTCOMES OF THE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT COURSE
- Be able to carry out a conflict risk assessment identifying common risks
- Be able to demonstrate a variety of strategies and techniques used to prevent conflicts from occurring or escalating further
- Understand how the law coincides with conflict management
- Know who is at risk of conflict and the negative impact that conflict has on the workplace
- Know the ways in which confrontations and ongoing conflicts can be dealt with, including alternative methods such as mediation
- Recognise the way that conflict presents itself and the causes
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
We have over 50 training centres available throughout the UK from which you can take your conflict management course. Alternatively, we are able to carry out training at your workplace if you have three or more staff members who wish to learn.